Wednesday 30 September 2015

Review - Blinc Mascara


Stop painting your lashes... Tube them!
I adore mascara, but mascara and I do not get along.  I have relatively long eyelashes, however they are quite blond.  This means that mascara makes a huge impact on my overall look.  Without mascara, I look like I have no eyelashes. Unfortunately, there is something about my skin that melts all eye makeup right off... even waterproof makeup.  Within about an hour of application, even the most expensive waterproof mascara that money can buy will be running down my face and giving me raccoon eyes.

I have literally tried every mascara on the market from the cheap drugstore brands to the higher end stuff like Lancome Hypnose and Diorshow.  I love the way the 'fancypants' mascaras lengthen my lashes... but they melt off my face the same way good ol' Maybelline Great Lash does.  So I decided to invest in a tube of Blinc mascara.

HERE’S WHAT THEY SAY…
If you're looking for a no-hassle, no-smudge mascara that you can take throughout your day with no re-application, blinc mascara is your answer. Instead of painting your lashes like conventional mascaras, blinc mascara forms tiny no-smudge, water-resistant "tubes" around your lashes. Once applied, these mascara tubes bind to your lashes and cannot run, smudge, clump, or flake, even if you cry or rub your eyes.
Whether your daily activities take you from the office, to your sweaty workout or out to dinner, your lashes will look as good in the evening as they did when you first applied blinc in the morning. blinc mascara will add volume and length to give you a radiant natural look that lasts all day.
Only when you are ready for removal, the tubes will effortlessly slide off your lashes into your hand without the use of a harsh makeup remover.
PROS  It doesn't smudge, and it doesn't run down your face; not even with removal.  Rinse with water, and the tubes slide right off.

CONS It's so wet that application is very difficult.  I'm pretty adept with mascara under normal circumstances, but applying Blinc is redonkulous.  My entire face was covered with the stuff.

THE STRAIGHT DOPE  I had such high hopes for this mascara.  I had my fingers crossed that Blinc would be the Holy Grail Mascara that I have been searching for.  Blinc is very thin and very wet, and takes quite a while to dry... which makes for an unholy mess when applying.  I have never managed to put this mascara on my face without getting it all over the dang place.  I don't find that it creates much volume or length, and it is difficult to layer or build.  I'm kind of hoping that the product might dry out a bit after a few months and be easier to apply.  Blinc isn't cheap and I'm not impressed... definitely wouldn't repurchase.

2 OUT OF 5 COFFEE CUPS
DISCLOSURE  -  The opinions expressed are 100% mine.  I was not paid to review this product and this product was purchased with my very own moolah.  



No comments:

Post a Comment