Sunday 21 June 2015

Happy Father's Day Petey!

at Tobermory about to jump into subzero water

Happy Father's Day to the man who holds my heart.  All the little parts of who you are, and everything that you do (big and small) add up to these things I know for sure:
1)  You are the best dad in the world
2)  We are very blessed to have you in our lives.

First of all, thank you for jumping headfirst into this grand adventure.  You took the huge leap from parenting two children to parenting six.  Thank you for taking on the responsibility of caring for, teaching, and loving 4 little humans that you did not create.  I don't know anyone else on this planet who would sign up for that.

Thank you for trusting me with your two most precious possessions, Barrett and Robbie.  They have been a gift and they have changed me forever.  I have learned so much about love from them, and through being loved by them.  I'm grateful to be their step-mom.
the 'brady' bunch

Thank you for the sleep deprivation you endure on a regular basis.  Shift work is difficult.  You have a terrible commute, and you barely sleep... just so you can come home to us in the morning.  Thank you for going out of your way to always be there for us and thank you for all the yard work and housework you do in a semi-comatose state... because you just want to take care of us.

Thank you for sharing your love of the outdoors with us.  Thank you for being the crazy man who jumps in the lake in December.  Thank you for teaching us all to see the groundhogs and deer when we're too busy wrapped up in our i-pods to really observe the world around us.  Thank you for being our own personal Survivorman.
you ARE the batman!
Thank you for showing our kids what a happy, loving relationship is (even though it grosses them out at times).  Thank you for showing our sons and our daughter that a real man can be strong and soft at the same time.  Thank you for being so giving and loving and present in our lives... and thank you for telling us and showing us every day that we mean the world to you.  You are our world too!

Thank you for teaching me about love, and honesty and respect.  Before I met you, I don't think I was even honest with myself.  I had built walls around my walls... never letting anyone know the real me.  Thanks for showing me that real love is not about the person who thinks you're perfect.... It's about the person who knows all your little cracks and imperfections... and loves you regardless... and thank you for buying me peanut butter chocolate Hagen Daas, although I beg you not to.

Also, thank you for ALWAYS putting the toilet seat down.  You are the best dad in the world.  Happy Fathers' Day Petey!  We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment