Tuesday 23 June 2015

Brow Wow

I've been addicted to brow products for many years now.  I like the look of a fuller brow... always have... I'm old school... so more Brooke Shields than Cara Delevigne.

Thankfully, I didn't pluck mine until I was in my 30's and avoided the overplucked sparse brows that many women my age have.  I will blame Drew Barrymore for the 1990's pencil-thin brow trend.



I love the look of a strong brow. hate the look of a 'drawn' on brow.  I started out with my old faithful MAC eyebrow pencil in blonde.  It's a good product with a great colour, but it's a little bit too powdery for my liking.

My next brow product obsession was Benefit's Brow zings.  Lisa Eldridge (goddess of makeup application) did a capsule makeup video that introduced me to the amazing Brow's A-Go-Go Palette that includes the brow zings, a couple of brow powders that double as great neutral shadows, black eyeliner and two highlighters.



I've also tried and liked Benefit's Gimme Brow.  It's fast and easy.  I'm far too lazy to meticulously pencil brows in for everyday wear and this product gives me a good natural look.



But now we have Maybelline brow drama.  It's less than half the price of all the other products, and I actually prefer the texture and the brush.  The bristles are super thin, and you have more control with this product.  It comes in a larger colour selection as well.  Any chance to get a great product that is comparable/better than the premium brands.... I am in!



No comments:

Post a Comment