Wednesday 23 September 2015

Review - BiothermBiosource Balm to Oil Cleanser



I purchased the Biotherm Biosource Balm-to-Oil Cleanser hoping it would act as a cheaper substitute for the Eve Lom cleanser, which is so expensive that I hate to love it as much as I do.  I am constantly on the hunt for it's replacement.

HERE’S WHAT THEY SAY…
The first 3-phase transformation formula with Life Plankton™.This balm melts into a silky oil and then becomes a comforting milk. It dissolves all kinds of make-up, even waterproof and removes urban impurities. Warm up a small amout of balm in the hands and massage on dry skin. Emulsify with water, then rinse thoroughly for a deeply cleansed skin, instantly hydrated, without any greasy film.



PROS
It's relatively inexpensive, about half the price of the coveted Eve Lom Cleanser.  It works well; even removing stubborn waterproof makeup.  It has a nice mild smell (biothermy).  I like the way it emulsifies with water, and it doesn't dry my skin out.

CONS
It's not Eve Lom Cleanser.  WAH!  
The only other issue I have with this cleanser is that I find it doesn't rinse off that easily and it feels like it leaves a slight greasy film on my face.  After I use this cleanser, I will typically do a double cleanse with Bioderma micellar water and that resolves any cleanser residue.


THE STRAIGHT DOPE
It's a pretty good cleanser.  I was hoping for a thicker consistency (like Eve Lom) but I find this pretty thin.  It doesn't irritate my eyes, but it's not the easiest to rinse out of eyes.  I have been using this consistently for more than a month, and am happy... but it's no holy grail cleanser.

RATING 4 CUPS OUT OF 5






DISCLOSURE  -  The opinions expressed are 100% mine.  I was not paid to review this product and this product was purchased with my very own moolah.  

No comments:

Post a Comment