Wednesday 25 February 2015

Keep on keeping on!


Still struggling with building a consistent fitness habit.  I haven't been to the gym in quite a while.  I can make all the excuses in the world:  illness, children, effing cold winter... but none of them are really valid.

So back to the beginning for me.  I'm going to shoot for 4 gym days per week and I'm going to shoot for daily physical activity each day regardless of going to the gym.  I think building the habit is the key.

http://www.girlsgonestrong.com/why-motivation-is-overrated/

I'm going to try to build the exercise habit like this:

Step 1: Identify the cue that triggers the habit you want to replace. What sets you in motion?
I think for me, exercising first thing in the morning might be the best fit.  
Step 2: What’s the routine you go through to complete the habit?
So the habits I need to create are getting up a bit earlier, ensuring fit gear is ready to go, and ensuring my a.m. jobs are done the night before.
Step 3: What’s the reward — the underlying reason you’re following through with this habit?
I want to feel better and stronger.  I want more energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment