Tuesday 1 October 2013

Time for Change

Fall is my favourite season.  I love a crisp fall day, when you can put on a cozy sweater and walk through the leaves.  I can't imagine living in a climate without fall.  

Fall is a time for change.  Kids are back in school... and so begins the hustle and bustle.  As a family, we are trying to slow down and get off this crazy ride... but it's challenging. 

I didn't want to sign anyone up for anything in the fall season.  No music.  No sports.  No clubs.    I just wanted to BE... have great dinners together... play together... enjoy our time and not be shuttling children everywhere every night.

Almost succeeded.  One little fella is signed up for basketball (one day a week on the weekend).  One bigger fella has joined his school football team and practices daily.  The rest of us are free.  FREE!

Today is my first day of 30 minutes of exercise daily for thirty days.  I'm throwing on the runners at work and will take a little spin through downtown on my lunch.

A conversation last night with the handsome firefighter clued me in that he is truly struggling with the state of our home, and the chaos and clutter within.  So... for the month of October and potentially beyond, I will be dedicating 30 minutes a day (after the daily upkeep) to purge, declutter and simplify our home.  I want him to come home from work and be able to relax.  I want our house to be a place of refuge and contentment... not stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment